We care about your well-being and we want to assure you that we are taking extra precautions to keep you and our staff in good health. We are following health guidelines from the State of Maryland and strictly adhering to all recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization and governmental dictates.
We are offering both online visits and appointments in the office. If your concern can be handled online, we strongly encourage you to read about teledermatology and utilize this option for your safety. In the office, we are reducing the number of patients to comply with social distancing guidelines and are taking extra precautions in disinfecting all patient areas.
Appointments at the Office
If you come into the office, we are asking that you do your part!
- Wear a mask!
- Arrive on time so that you can be checked in quickly and escorted to an exam room. Our goal is to minimize or eliminate the time you are in the waiting room.
- WAIT IN YOUR CAR if you arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment time and then come up to the office. Practice social distancing when checking in and stay at least 6 feet away from others. Our goal is to bring you directly back to an exam room.
- Unless escorting the patient is required, please refrain from bringing others the visit so that we can comply with social distancing recommendations.
- In order to stay on time, we request that you prioritize the reason for your visit and allow us address your most important concern during your appointment.
Please reschedule your appointment if the answer to any of the following questions is YES:
Have you had a fever over 100 degrees in the last 48 hours?
Do you have a cough?
Do you have any newly developed difficulty breathing or shortness of breath?
Do you have a sore throat?
Have you noticed a reduced sense of smell or taste?
Have you had contact with anyone who has had a fever or who may have COVID?
Have you been diagnosed with COVID? IF yes, when did you test negative? (Must be 14 days since negative test.)
Since we want you to feel comfortable at your visit, we are taking the following extra precautions:
- All patients are being screened for any symptoms of Coronavirus or flu-like illness prior to their visit.
- We are requesting that all patients apply hand sanitizer at the time of check-in.
- Exam rooms will be disinfected with medical grade cleansers between each patient visit and we have increased the frequency with which we clean waiting areas, door knobs, and staff work areas.
- We are eliminating all unnecessary visitors such as pharmaceutical company representatives and outside vendors.
- We will be refraining from greeting you with a hand shake and request that you maintain social distances when you check in and check out.
- Magazines, pamphlets, and samples will no longer be provided during this time.
- Employees who have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who are experiencing signs and symptoms of illness are not allowed to return to work until they are healthy or have completed a period of self-quarantine.
We will continue to offer teledermatology and encourage you to use this safe and convenient service to address such issues as acne, accutane, scalp issues, changing lesions, dry itchy skin, eczema, rashes, poison ivy, prescription refills, rosacea, and more. Insurance is covering this service as they would cover your appointment in the office. All you will need is a device with a camera. A cell phone or iPad will work! To request an appointment or learn more about these options, log into patient portal and request your appointment or call us at 410-203-0607.
We are taking precautions to protect our patients and our staff! Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we keep your health our top priority!